We’ve all been there–we wait until the last minute to start a project and we are overwhelmed with a system we’ve never used. Most FFT grant applicants have never applied before, and are unfamiliar with our online system. The best piece of advice: Start early. Get used to the system, login and out, know what’s required of you. We’ve also compiled a list of tips to help you through the process:
- Again, start early! Don’t wait until the deadline to register and familiarize yourself with the system. Try the system from both work and home. Some districts block our site, attachments and others don’t have the most up-to-date software to handle the application.
- Compose your proposal in a Word document and copy and paste into our online system.
- There is no spell check within the online application system.
- The text fields in the online form do not allow formatting, so do not use bullets, bold, italics, or special characters.
- The application only saves your work if you click “SAVE”. Be sure to save often, as we cannot recover your work if you lose your internet connection, power or any other extenuating circumstance.
- The system times out every thirty minutes–you must interact with the pages to stay connected.
- Use a working email address to register. This will be FFT’s main method of communication. If you have previously applied, please use the same log in information. TIP: Use a personal email address as FFT email is often sent to district spam/quarantine AND this will be where we contact you during the summer, if awarded.
- Cover sheets must be digitally signed by you and your principal. Be sure the principal email provided is a working address as an email will be sent to the principal to verify and sign the cover sheet.