Fund for Teachers provides educators, possessing a broad vision of what it means to teach and learn, the resources needed to pursue self-designed professional learning experiences. FFT grants are used for an unlimited variety of projects; all designed to create enhanced learning environments for teachers, their students and their school communities. We believe that supporting teachers' active participation in their own professional growth, positively impacts student learning and achievement.
- Employed full-time as a PreK-12th grade teacher and spends at least 50% of their work week in direct instruction with students in a classroom or classroom-like setting;
- Intends to continue teaching in the consecutive school year; and
- Has at least three years teaching experience as a PreK-12th grade teacher.
Individuals may apply for up to $5,000, and teams may apply for up to $10,000. For study in Asia, individuals may apply for up to $7,500 and teams may apply for up to $10,000. All team members must meet the eligibility requirements.
Upon award, Fellows will receive 90 percent of their grant award, the remaining 10 percent to be reimbursed upon completion of post-fellowship requirements.
Fund for Teachers will not provide monies for student travel, the completion of baccalaureate or post baccalaureate degrees, teacher certifications, university/college credit hours, courses for graduate credit, onsite (or campus) professional development at your school or by the district, compensation for substitutes or stipends.
Previous recipients must wait for 3 years before reapplying. NOTICE: Effective October 1, 2015 a mandatory 5 year waiting period becomes policy.
Eligible teachers may submit one application per grant cycle. Proposals must be written by the person(s) participating in the fellowship.
Fellowships should begin after the last day of school in the spring and be completed by the first day of school in the fall, with all fellowship related expenditures made by September 30, 2015.
Each eligible application is reviewed by a Selection Committee comprised of educators, Fellows and corporate and civic volunteers, and ranked using the Scoring Rubric. Applicant cover sheet and identifying information is removed prior to the selection process.ection process.
Applicants will be notified of the selection committee results by April 3, 2015. Awardees will be required to attend a pre-fellowship Orientation.
Fund for Teachers reserves the right to review the terms and conditions of this grant program, and to make changes at any time, including termination.Next